Saturday, July 16, 2011

Let The Sexcapades Begin...

It seems like whenever you tell someone that you are single they immediately ask you if you have tried online dating. They proceed to tell you that one of their friends tried it and met someone fantastic and it can't hurt. Well let me tell you that I have tried it, and although it has never physically hurt, it is a painful experience. One of my first online experiences is something that I would like to forget, and after reading it you will see why.

I checked my inbox and saw a message from a guy that did not start with, "What up sexy?" or "You're hot". I was relieved and figured that this guy at least deserved a chance, so I looked at his profile. I examined the pictures and read his bio and came to the conclusion that he looked like an attractive and normal individual. We wrote a few messages back and forth, and the conversation seemed very natural. We exchanged phone numbers, and at one point had an hour long conversation, so when we eventually decided to meet I had high hopes that this might work. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

Let me start by saying that I am an extremely punctual person. I hate when people are late, and if I say I am going to be somewhere at a certain time, I'm there at least 10 minutes earlier than that. So when I set up a date with someone and we decide on a time that works for both of us, I expect you to be there at that time. Apparently this guy did not feel the same way, because he decided that he was going to arrive 25 minutes later. When he finally arrived I had been waiting outside in the heat (If you've been to DC in July you know the heat and humidity I was dealing with) for over 25 minutes, since of course I was early. This was a bad start. The hello was awkward, and even more awkward when I realized that he looked very different from his pictures online. I felt it would be rude to point this out, but could not stop thinking that he must have put the best 3 pictures he has ever taken on his profile. Regardless I decided that I could handle having a drink with the guy, because honestly, who turns down free alcohol.

We were having our drinks and having the normal chit chat when he said, "A few months ago you would not have recognized me." I wanted to say that I didn't recognize him now, but figured I would be better off just asking why. He proceeded to tell me that while he was watching a hockey game he was hit in the face with a puck. The puck shattered his face, and he had to have numerous surgeries to fix the damage. Now don't get me wrong, I feel terrible for the guy and that is awful to have to go through, but on the other hand, you probably shouldn't post pictures "pre-accident" online, when you look completely different now. I feel like that is slightly misleading.

As it turns out, in person we did not have that much in common, and it was obvious on my end that there was no romantic connection. I say on my end, because when it came to the goodbye it was clear that he felt differently. He asked me if he could give me a kiss. I said no followed by the ever so popular saying, "I don't kiss on the first date," which really is just a polite way of saying I have no interest to kiss you. He started to beg and plead for a kiss, and I stood by my answer, no. He asked for a hug, and I agreed to that because I've never had a bad hug, well up until that point. Apparently his hug was a sneak attack for a kiss because as I went to hug him, he planted a big one on my lips. I was horrified. I wiped my mouth and got in my car.

As I drove away I received a text.
It was great meeting you. I had a great time. That was a good kiss even though you don't kiss on the first date ;-)
What??? I didn't even kiss you. You attacked my lips with your lips. I never wrote back and thankfully never heard from him again. I should have never tried online dating again, but of course once was not enough but those stories are for another day.

~Jenna Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment